The Best Place To Buy And Sell Generators
Writing your advert
To make your advert as effective as possible we need as much information as possible to help you sell your generator or equipment. Try to include the following information:
- Title of advert - Try to make desribe your item and include the power output and any makers name and model number (if available)
- Description of item - This should include as much information as you can find out. Include details about type of fuel, power out-put, voltage, hours, condition, weight and over-all condition.
- Price - If you have multiple items, for example extention leads, please indicate if the price is per item or for the job lot.
- VAT - VAT registed companies can either chose to include VAT within the price or Add it to the addverised price. Most private induviuals should chose VAT free (I.e you don't charge VAT)
- Location - Give us the postcode so we can include it to localise searches. Unless specified we will use your address from payment or company location.
- Delivery notes - Advise buyer if you require them to collect the generator or if you can deliver and at what cost. as well as yourpayment requirements.
- Contact details - Provide a phone number and / or email address. (If you don't supply us with this information we will use the email address you have contacted us with and any phone number we have for you).
We also advise that you include key words in your advert, for example if you want your advert to appear when someone types in "deisel " or "silent" you need to include the text "deisel", and "silent" within the title or boddy of the advert.
To get the best interest, it is advised that you include the best photos you can get of your generator. A customer will base 90% of their purchasing decision on the first photograph they see. If you are selling a job lot of equipment, I would try and show all the items you are selling on the first photo. For example if you are selling ten extention leads, show all ten in the photograph.
Taking time photographing can make the diference between getting the best price for your advert or not.
You can have one or as many photos as you feel necessary to sell your advert (within reason). If you have any information in PDF format we can attach this to your advert.
If you are sending us a lot of photos it may be worth resizing them. We normaly suggest at least 640 x 480 and no bigger than 1200 x 900 . Click here for information on how to resize your images
Tips and things to avoid:
- Try to make the whole generator as large as possible in the photo and do not to capture random objects or distracting backgrounds.
- Avoid camera shake - Take your photographs in a well lit area or outside. If possible use a tripod, or alternatively rest your camera on a solid object like a chair.
- Make sure the photo is taken with the lighting from behind the photographer. Back lit objects often appear much darker.
- The best photos show at least two sides and the top with some thing in the photo for scale, you should be able to show every side of your equipment with two or three photos. Close ups are advisable to highlight any special features or to make buyers aware of any damaged areas.